The majestic expanse of Cades Cove in the winter with snow on the mountains, frost on the meadows, icicles hanging from tree branches and a waterfall surrounded by the colors of fall provide wonder, joy, and comfort. Photographers have a unique opportunity to share this beauty with others who are confined to a home or who need encouragement.
The following photographers are available to provide slideshows at nursing homes, assisted living homes, veteran’s homes, senior centers, and other facilities at no cost to the facility. Also, the Southern Appalachian Nature Photographers club encourages members to provides presentations in a community outreach program (see www.sanp.net/outreach.html).
Ron Sentell (865) 441-2937 [email protected]
- Four Seasons of the Smoky Mountains - This slideshow includes my photography of the four seasons of the Smoky Mountains from patterns in the ice and deer playing in the snow and icicles hanging from John Oliver’s Cabin in the winter, to wildflowers and awakening bear in the spring, to golden fields and grazing deer in the summer, to the beautiful colors of fall.
- The North American Southwest Landscape - The North American Southwest is a place of grand vistas and natural beauty. This slideshow includes my photography of the five national parks in Utah and the north rim of the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona, as well as national monuments, state parks, Native American lands, and other scenic areas around the four corners region (Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona).
- Birds of the Wetlands - This slideshow includes my photography of birds nesting, in-flight, and just hanging out together in two locations in east Tennessee and five locations in Florida. Individual bird calls are embedded in each slide.
Mike Naney (865) 696-2772 [email protected]
- Iconic South American Landscapes: Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina - Join Mike Naney on a virtual exploration of the Los Glaciares National Park in the Patagonian region of South America. His photographs capture the beauty of the jagged mountains, glaciers, animals and birds of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Iconic South American Landscapes: Torres del Paine National Park, Chile - Join Mike Naney on a virtual trip to South America’s Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. Enjoy his photographs of jagged mountain peaks, glaciers, lakes of many colors, and interesting birds and animals.
- Iconic South American Landscapes: Iguazú National Park - Join Mike Naney on a virtual visit to South America’s Iguazú Falls in Iguazú National Park on the border of Argentina and Brazil, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. His photographs capture the spectacular beauty of the world’s largest waterfall complex.